Thai Style Chicken Basil Stir Fry
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 medium garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 Tbs fish sauce
- Juice from 1 lime
- 2 tsp light brown sugar
- 1 red pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 green pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 cup button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- Heat the oil in a large wok over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until they are translucent, about 2 minutes. Add sliced garlic cloves and red pepper flakes and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the chicken and cook until it is no longer pink, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add fish sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, and 1/3 cup of water. Stir frequently until liquid comes to a boil.
- Stir in peppers, mushrooms, and zucchini and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes, or until liquid reduces to a saucy consistency.
- Remove from heat and stir in basil until it is wilted.
- Serve on a bed of rice or thin rice noodles.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.