Thai-Inspired Noodles with Peanut Sauce
- 8 oz whole wheat spaghetti
- 15.5 oz firm tofu
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 12 oz package frozen broccoli florets
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup green onions, diced
- 2 Tbs Thai red curry paste to taste
- 2 Tbs coconut milk (enough to thin out the peanut butter)
- 1/3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 Tbs sesame seeds, plus more to garnish
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper, to taste
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Dice the red pepper, green onion, and tofu into bite-sized chunks
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Spray the olive oil cooking spray to coat the pan, and toss the tofu in. Lightly fry the tofu until it’s slightly browned, and then add the red pepper, green onion, and garlic.
- Cook your whole wheat spaghetti according to package directions.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, add the frozen broccoli, soy sauce, peanut butter, coconut milk, Thai red curry paste to the tofu mixture. Once the spaghetti is done, transfer the noodles to the veggie mixture and stir to combine. Sprinkle the sesame seeds and stir them in as well.
- Add the crushed red pepper to taste and heat through. Add soy sauce or salt to taste.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.