Thai Beef Grill
- 2 boneless beef top loin steaks or 1 boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1 large Vidalia or other sweet onion, sliced (1/2-inch)
- 3 Tbs light teriyaki sauce
- Peanut Sauce:2 Tbs light teriyaki sauce
- 2 Tbs creamy peanut butter
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- Brush beef steaks and onion with 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce. Place on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill top loin steaks, uncovered, 15 to 18 minutes (top sirloin steak 17 to 21 minutes) for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. Grill onion 15 to 20 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
- Using fork, gradually stir 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce and 2 tablespoons water into peanut butter in small bowl until smooth; stir in red pepper.
- Carve steaks. Serve with onion and peanut sauce.
To broil, place steaks and onion on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Broil top loin steaks 13 to 17 minutes (top sirloin steak 16 to 21 minutes) for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once. Broil onion until tender, turning once.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.