Texas-Style Egg & Potato Skillet
- 4 thick slices turkey bacon (4 oz.), chopped
- 1 medium baking potato, diced (1/2-inch)
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo or chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked Cheddar cheese (2 oz.)
- 6 flour or whole wheat tortillas (8-inch), warmed, optional
- Cook bacon in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until edges begin to brown. Pour off drippings. Add potato; cook and stir until potato is tender and browned and bacon is crisp, 6 to 8 minutes
- Pour eggs over mixture in skillet. As eggs begin to set, gently the eggs across the pan with an inverted turner, forming large soft curds. Continue cooking - pulling, lifting and folding eggs - until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly.
- Stir in pico de gallo; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with tortillas, if desired.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.