Tex-Mex Scrambled Eggs & Tortillas (Migas)
- 1 cup green (tomatillo) salsa
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 6 corn tortillas (6-inch), halved, cut into thin strips
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup queso fresco, crumbled
- Coat 12-inch nonstick skillet with ovenproof handle with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Add salsa and tomatoes; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add tortilla strips; stir to coat. Cook 1 minute.
- Pour eggs over mixture in skillet. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with an inverted turner, forming large soft curds. Continue cooking - pulling, lifting and folding eggs - until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly.
- Sprinkle cheese over eggs. Broil 6 inches from heat until cheese softens, 2 to 3 minutes.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.