Table for Two Lamb Loin Chops with Madeira and Cherries
- 4 lamb loin chops, cut 1-1/4-inch thick, trimmed
- 3 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbs olive oil, divided
- 2- 1/2 tsp dried tarragon leaves, crushed, divided
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/3 cup Madeira sweet wine or fat-free chicken broth
- 1/3 cup dried cherries, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 2 Tbs grated lemon peel (additional peel for garnish)
- 1 Tbs butter, cut in half
- In small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, 1 Tbs oil, 1-1/2 tsp tarragon, garlic, salt and pepper. Place lamb chops in sealable plastic bag and pour in marinade. Rotate bag to coat chops. Refrigerate for 2 hours to marinate.
- Remove chops from marinade and discard marinade. Pat chops dry with paper towels. In large nonstick skillet with cover, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Brown chops for 2 minutes on each side. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes, turning twice, or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from pan, cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Pour off liquid from pan. Add Madera and cherries; cook 3 to 4 minutes until liquid is almost absorbed. Stir in broth, remaining 1 tsp of tarragon and lemon peel; cook additional 2 minutes. Mix in butter and stir until sauce looks shiny. Serve sauce on plates and top with two lamb chops, garnish with grated lemon peel.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.