Sushi Di Italia
- 3 cups cooked short or medium grain rice, cooled
- 1 cup grated Parmesan-Romano cheese blend
- 2/3 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 8-10 large thin slices prosciutto (cured Italian ham)
- 1 (7-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and cut in strips
- Combine rice, cheese, half and half, and basil in large bowl. Place 1 prosciutto slice on cutting board; spread 1/2 cup rice mixture evenly over prosciutto, pressing slightly. Arrange a few pepper strips lengthwise down center over rice; carefully roll into a log, about 8 inches long and 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Repeat with remaining prosciutto slices; refrigerate 15 minutes. Cut each roll crosswise into 1-inch pieces, placing on platter, cut side up, to resemble sushi. Serve at room temperature.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.