Super Mushroom Veggie Pasta
- 1 14.5 ounce package spaghetti
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 lb white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup bite-size broccolini pieces
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- freshly grated Parmesan (for garnish)
- Bring a large saucepan of water to boil and prepare pasta according to package directions.
- While water comes to a boil, heat olive oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add a single layer of mushrooms, red bell pepper and onions and cook, without stirring, for about five minutes or until mushrooms become red-brown on one side. Turn ingredients and cook about five minutes more, until other side is same color. Add broccolini, tomatoes and broth, and then stir in pesto. Bring to a simmer, and then add spinach and cooked pasta.
- Transfer to serving bowl and sprinkle with fresh Parmesan.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.