Sundried Tomato Quiche in Crispy Potato Crust
- 4 eggs
- 1- 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 pkg. (3 oz.) dried tomatoes, chopped (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 1- 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese (6 oz.)
- Crispy Potatoe Crust: cooking spray
- 1 large baking potato, thinly sliced
- Crust:Heat oven to 425°F. Coat deep 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray. Arrange potato slices in bottom and up sides of pan, overlapping slightly, to form crust. Spray potatoes with cooking spray. Bake in 425°F oven until potatoes are lightly browned and slightly crisp, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile beat eggs, cream, basil, oregano, salt and pepper in medium bowl until blended.
- Remove crust from oven. Reduce oven setting to 350°F. Layer tomatoes, green onions, ham and cheese evenly in crust. Pour egg mixture slowly over cheese. Bake in center of 350°F oven until center is almost set but jiggles slightly when pan is gently shaken and knife inserted near center comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.