Stuffed Pork Tenderloin with Spinach, Apricots and Goat Cheese
- 1 8 oz pork tenderloin
- 1/4 cup cooked long-grain wild rice blend
- 2 Tbs dried apricots, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup baby spinach
- 3 Tbs goat cheese
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Butterfly cut the pork tenderloin lengthwise.
- In a bowl, combine cooked rice, apricots, garlic, and rosemary; salt and pepper to taste.
- Place spinach along the center of the pork, top with goat cheese and wild rice mixture.
- Roll the pork tenderloin, ensuring the stuffing is bound in the center. Using butchers' twine, securely tie the stuffed pork. Rub the outside of the roll with Dijon mustard.
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Place pork roll in skillet and brown lightly, turning until meat is a consistent pinkish brown.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove butchers' twine and slice inch-wide cross sections. Serve immediately.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.