Strip Steak with Mushrooms and Peppers
- 10 oz white or cremini mushrooms, sliced (5 to 6 cups)
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 large yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs strip steak, about 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1 Tbs fresh chopped rosemary leaves
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- sea salt, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, toss the mushrooms, pepper, and onion with the vinegar and olive oil. Spread the vegetables in a shallow baking pan and roast for 25 to 30 minutes, depending on how well done you like vegetables.
- Use a spatula to scrape the vegetables from the pan. Transfer to a plate and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, preheat the broiler.
- Season the steak on both sides with rosemary and pepper. Lay in a broiler pan and broil 5 to 6 inches from the heat for 5 to 7 minutes. Turn and broil for 5 to 6 minutes longer for medium rare, or until done to the degree of doneness desired.
- Season the steak with pepper and with salt, if desired.
- Let the steak rest for about 5 minutes. Slice and serve topped with the mushroom mixture.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.