Strawberry Shortcake Sliders
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbs sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 Tbs baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 Tbs cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 1/4 cups heavy cream, divided
- 6 cups stemmed fresh strawberries, divided
- 1 cup simple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- confectioner's sugar
- mint chiffonade
- Sift flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and salt into a bowl. With a fork or pastry cutter, cut in butter to fine particles. Stir in 1 to 1 1/2 cups cream (enough so that dough holds together and is soft but not sticky). On a floured surface, knead dough lightly a few times to form a ball. Pat into a 1/2-inch-thick circle. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400°F. With a 2-inch round cutter, cut dough into 12 circles. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet; bake 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- In a saucepan, simmer 4 cups strawberries with simple syrup until jam-like consistency; cool. Slice remaining strawberries. Whip 3/4 cup cream with vanilla and 1 tablespoon sugar until soft peaks form.
- To serve, cut shortcakes in half horizontally. Place 3 shortcake bottoms on each of 4 plates. Top with cooked strawberries, whipped cream and sliced strawberries, dividing ingredients evenly. Place tops on shortcakes; dust with confectioner's sugar and sprinkle with mint.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.