Strawberry Rhubarb Compote
- 2 cups rhubarb, diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups strawberries, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Stirring occasionally, bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Cover saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove cover and continue to simmer for an additional 5 minutes or until mixture has thickened.
- Remove from heat and chill.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.