Strawberry Mango Hibiscus Fruit Leather
- 8 cups strawberries, chopped
- 2 cups mango, chopped
- 2 tsp agave nectar
- ¼ cup hibiscus flowers
- In a large pot, combine strawberries and mango. Place over medium heat.
- Mash fruit until a liquid starts to form. Stir in Agave nectar.
- Place hibiscus flowers in a cheese cloth and tie to secure them. Place hibiscus pouch in the center of the pot and cover with fruit.
- Turn heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove and discard hibiscus pouch and pour fruit into a food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- Pour and spread fruit puree over two parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 150° for 8 to 10 hours until leather peels away from parchment paper.
- Cut fruit leather into strips and roll up between pieces of wax paper.
- Store in an air tight container in a dark place for up to two weeks. Fruit leather can also be frozen.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.