Strawberry and Fava Bean Salad with Pecorino
- kosher or sea salt
- 2 cups shelled fresh fava beans (about 2 pounds in pods)
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- coarsely ground black pepper
- 3 cups arugula
- pecorino cheese
- In a large pot over high heat, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and the fava beans. Boil 1 minute; drain and cool fava beans in ice water. Drain fava beans; pinch one end and slip off tough skins of larger beans (skin on small beans is not usually tough). Discard skins.
- Whisk together olive oil, vinegar and lemon juice. In a large bowl, season shelled fava beans and strawberries with salt and pepper. Add rucola and enough dressing to coat salad lightly. Mix gently and spoon onto a platter or 6 salad plates. With a vegetable peeler, shave cheese generously over salad. Grind more pepper on top.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.