Strawberry and Brie Bruschetta
- 12 slices French bread, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 12 slices (about 12 ounces) Brie cheese
- 1 1/2 lbs (about 4 to 5 cups) sliced stemmed strawberries
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Heat oven to 375ºF. Spread 1 side of each bread slice with butter; arrange, butter side up, on large baking sheet. In small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle 1 teaspoon over each slice of bread. Reserve remaining sugar mixture.
- Toast bread in oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven. Top each with 1 slice cheese; return to oven. Bake an additional 4 to 6 minutes or until cheese is melted. Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine strawberries, vanilla and remaining sugar mixture; toss lightly. Place two bruschetta on each serving plate.
- Spoon 1/3 cup strawberry mixture over each; sprinkle with almonds. Serve immediately.
Cooking Tip: To toast almonds, spread in even layer on baking sheet. Bake in 350°F oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown, stirring once or twice for even browning.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.