Stir-Fried Pork in Garlic Sauce
- 1 to 1 1/2 lb pork tenderloin, or shoulder, cut into thin shreds
- 2 Tbs peanut oil, or vegetable oil
- 2 Tbs garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 chiles, dried
- 1 bunch scallions, or green onion, trimmed and cut into 2-inch lengths (separate the white parts from the green parts)
- 3 Tbs soy sauce
- 4 cups white rice, cooked
- Put oil in large, nonstick skillet (12 inches is best) and turn heat to high; a minute later, add garlic and chiles, cook stirring occasionally, until the garlic begins to color, just a minute or so. Add pork and stir once or twice. Cook until it begins to brown, about a minute. Add white parts of the scallions and stir; cook another minute, stirring occasionally. Stir in the green parts of the scallions and stir; cook for 30 seconds, then turn off heat and add the soy sauce. Serve immediately with white rice.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with a seasonally fresh fruit salad.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.