Steamed Green and White Vegetables
- 1/2 bunch broccoli, cut into florets, thick stems discarded (about 3/4 pound of broccoli)
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets (about 3/4 pound of cauliflower)
- 2 small zucchini, trimmed and sliced (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 small carrot, trimmed, peeled, and sliced
- zest of 1 lemon, finely grated
- Chop the broccoli and cauliflower florets into bite-size pieces.
- In a steamer basket set over boiling water or in an electric steamer, steam the vegetables for 3 to 5 minutes, or until fork-tender. Serve the steamed vegetables sprinkled with zest.
Variation: Substitute 1 cup of thinly sliced snow peas for the carrots. You could also substitute 3/4 pound of trimmed and halved wax beans or string beans for the carrots.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.