Spinach-Stuffed Pork Roast
- 1 4- to 5-pound boneless pork roast, rolled and tied
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1/2 of a 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp garlic pepper
- Untie roast and set aside. For stuffing, in skillet cook mushrooms, onion and red pepper in hot oil till onion is tender. Stir in remaining ingredients. Spread stuffing over one loin to within one inch of edges. Top with remaining loin. Tie securely with string.
- Place roast in shallow roasting pan. Roast in a 350 degree F. oven for 1 to 1-1/2 hours, until meat thermometer registers 155 to 160 degrees F. Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes before slicing to serve.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.