Spicy Southwestern Couscous
- 3 Roma tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 serrano chile pepper, stemmed
- 1 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 Tbs fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt*
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/4 cups couscous
- 2 scallions, diced
- In a food processor or blender, puree tomatoes, garlic, chile pepper, oil, cilantro, lime juice and salt.
- Bring water to a boil and add couscous. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes. Add pureed ingredients to couscous and top with scallions.
* Allergy notes: People following a corn-free diet should avoid iodized salt since it contains dextrose, which should be avoided by those allergic to corn.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.