Spicy Pork Stir-Fry
- 3/4 lb boneless pork loin, sliced into 1/8-inch by 2-inch strips
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbs cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbs soy sauce, low-sodium
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 cups bok choy, sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
- In heavy-duty resealable plastic bag, place pork strips, chili powder, red pepper flakes and cumin; seal bag and shake to distribute spices. Stir together cornstarch, water and soy sauce; set aside.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork strips and carrots to skillet and stir-fry 4 minutes. Add bok choy and red pepper to skillet; stir-fry 4 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add soy sauce mixture and walnuts; stir-fry 1 minute or until sauce is thickened and bubbly.
Serving Suggestion: Serve over rice or cellophane noodles.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.