Spicy Indonesian Noodles
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti, uncooked
- 3 tablespoons peanut or canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green or red pepper, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups cabbage, thinly shredded
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
- 8 ounces surimi seafood, crab flavored, chunk or flake style
- Cook pasta according to package directions, rinse in cold water, drain, toss with 1 tablespoon of oil and set aside.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to a heavy 12-inch skillet over medium heat; stir in onion, green pepper, celery and mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in cabbage and garlic, cook and stir another minute, or until cabbage is wilted. Add soy sauce and red hot pepper sauce. Add cooked pasta to skillet, lifting with a salad fork and spoon tongs to coat with soy sauce and mix with sautéed vegetables. Arrange surimi seafood over pasta, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, or until surimi seafood is heated through. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.