Spicy African Chicken Peanut Soup
- 1 Tbs sesame oil
- 18 oz boned and skinned chicken breast, (3 breast halves) cut into 1-inch (2.5cm) pieces
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 Tbs garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs curry powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 6 cups chicken broth, (canned or homemade)
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 cups stewed tomatoes, chopped (one 15-ounce can)
- 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- In a large Dutch oven or soup pot, heat the sesame oil.
- Add chicken, onion and garlic, sautéing over medium heat until chicken pieces turn opaque.
- Add curry powder, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, chicken broth, tomato paste, stewed tomatoes and peanut butter.
- Heat through, but don’t boil. Serve hot.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.