Spiced Apple Cider
- 4 cups freshly pressed apple juice (not from concentrate)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 orange, sliced into discs
- 1 inch piece of ginger, sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 whole cloves
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 Tbs maple syrup (optional)
- In a large nonreactive pot, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil for about 5 minutes.
- Cover pot, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Line a collander with cheesecloth and strain the cider.
- Serve warm. Spike with dark rum if it’s been one of those days.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.