- 5 small potatoes, peeled and sliced
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups green/red peppers, sliced thin
- 5 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 3 whole eggs, beaten
- 5 egg whites, beaten
- Pepper and garlic salt with herbs, to taste
- 3 oz shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tbs low-fat parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender.
- In a nonstick pan, add vegetable spray and warm at medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté until brown. Add vegetables and sauté until tender but not brown.
- In a medium mixing bowl, slightly beat eggs and egg whites, pepper, garlic salt, and low-fat mozzarella cheese. Stir egg-cheese mixture into the cooked vegetables.
- In a 10-inch pie pan or ovenproof skillet, add vegetable spray and transfer potatoes and egg mixture to pan. Sprinkle with low-fat parmesan cheese and bake until firm and brown on top, about 20–30 minutes.
- Remove omelet from oven, cool for 10 minutes, and cut into five pieces.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.