Southwestern Egg Rolls
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup yellow onions, diced 1/4"
- 1 1/2 cup red bell peppers, diced 1/4"
- 1 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/4 cup jalapeno peppers, minced
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 cup olives, sliced
- 1 cup (6oz.) goat cheese
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbs lime juice
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 12 egg roll wrappers (7" by 7")
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 quarts vegetable oil (for frying)
- Heat 1 Tablespoon oil over medium in a large sauté pan. Add onions, red pepper and corn and cook for 6-8 minutes until tender. Mix in jalapenos, cumin and garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Remove from heat and stir in olives, goat cheese, cilantro and lime juice. Season with salt and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- To wrap, place each wonton wrap on the counter with one corner facing you. Spoon 1/4 cup of vegetable mixture onto the center of each wonton wrapper and pat into a 3" by 1 1/2" rectangular shape. Brush sides of wonton (around the filling) with beaten egg. Fold the bottom corner of the wrapper over the filling, then roll the wrapper up once. Fold in the sides, brush again with egg wash, then continue to roll wonton into a tight cylinder.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepot to 375 degrees. Fry egg rolls for 1-2 minutes until golden brown. Remove from pot with a slotted spoon and drain on a baking rack lined with paper towels. Serve hot with salsa.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.