- 2 lbs ground beef (95% lean)
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp salt
- 1- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup thick and chunky salsa
- Heat oven to 350°F. Combine all ingredients in large bowl except salsa, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape beef mixture into 10 x 4-inch loaf on rack in broiler pan. Bake in 350°F oven 1 hour,15 minutes to 1 hour, 20 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 160°F.
- Let stand 10 minutes. Top with salsa; cut into slices.
Cooking Tip: To make soft bread crumbs, place torn bread in food processor or blender container. Cover; pulse on and off, to form fine crumbs. One and one-half slices make about 1 cup crumbs.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.