South of the Border Quesadilla
- 4 scallions sliced, or substitute
- 1 jalapeño pepper, diced
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, diced
- 1/4 tsp salt, or to your desired taste
- pinch black pepper
- 2 Tbs butter or substitute
- 8 large eggs, or substitute
- 1 cup whole milk plain yogurt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 4 8" soft flour tortillas
- 1 package of mixed shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese.
- 1 or 2 jars pineapple or mango salsa
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 Tbs fresh cilantro, chopped, or parsley to garnish
- In a large non-stick skillet, sauté with 1 tablespoon of butter, the scallions, jalapeño, tomatoes, 1/2 cup of diced pineapples and red peppers for 6-10 minutes. In separate bowl, whisk eggs with 3/4 cup of yogurt, salt, black pepper, cumin, coriander and 1 teaspoon cilantro. Pour egg mixture over sauté scallions and start scrambling, until desired consistency. Set skillet on the side.
- On a separate iron skillet, melt the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter. Take flour tortilla and fold in half. Open the tortilla and add to only one half some cheese then 1/4 of the egg mixture and cheese again on top of the eggs and fold the other half on top of the cheese. Place it on the hot skillet. Cook 1 1/2 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- Cut the cooked tortillas in half and top with yogurt, salsa, pineapples and fresh cilantro.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.