Sole with Orange Raisin Sauce
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs sole or flounder fillets (about 7 small fillets)
- 2 Tbs canola oil
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 200° F.
- Combine the flour, flaxseed, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl and set aside. Coat the fish on both sides with the flour mixture, shake off excess, and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add half of the coated fillets. Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden and cooked through. Put the cooked fish on a plate or baking sheet and place in the oven to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining oil and fish.
- Whisk together the orange juice, brown sugar, and cornstarch and add to the empty skillet along with the raisins and nutmeg. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly, and continue to simmer and stir gently until the sauce thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Place the fish on individual plates. Pour about 1/4 cup of the sauce over each piece and serve.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.