Snapper Vera Cruz
- 1 1/2 lbs red snapper, fillets
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbs capers, (or more to taste)
- 1/2 cup green olives
- 1 medium bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Lemon slices to garnish
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet.
- Dip snapper pieces in flour. Place snapper pieces in skillet and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- Add onions to pan. Cook for 2 minutes, shaking pan to prevent sticking. Add tomatoes, capers, olives and bell pepper strips to fish, gently stirring while cooking.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 5 minutes more. Add wine and bring to a gentle boil.
- Season with pepper and a pinch of salt, if desired. (Capers can be very salty, so take care not to oversalt).
- Garnish with lemon slices.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.