Smoky Mexican Pork Stir Fry
- 1 small pork tenderloin (about 12 ounces)
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 chipotle chile (drained, if canned in adobo sauce; rehydrate in warm water if dried), chopped
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red or green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 small onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 3 cups coarsely chopped romaine or iceberg lettuce
- Slice pork tenderloin in half lengthwise, and then cut crosswise thinly. Toss pork, bacon and chipotle pieces together in small bowl, set aside. Combine oil, cumin, oregano and garlic and heat in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bell pepper and onion, stir -fry 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and reserve. In same skillet, stir-fry the pork, bacon and chile for 2-3 minutes, until pork is just done and bacon crisp. Return the vegetables to the skillet and heat through. Serve over lettuce.
- Serve with hominy or rice and a sliced orange and red onion salad.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.