Smoked Oyster & Pecan Stuffing
- 2 Tbs canola oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 celery stalks, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 3.75 ounce cans smoked oysters, drained
- 3 cups water or all natural chicken broth
- 3 Tbs unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- chopped fresh parsley
- 1 16 ounce package herb seasoned stuffing mix
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes. Add the celery and cook until crisp-tender and the onion is translucent, about 3 more minutes. Add the garlic and oysters and cook 1 minute (you can break up the oysters a bit while stirring if you prefer smaller pieces). Add the water or broth and butter, raise the heat to high, and bring just to a boil.
- Remove from the heat, add the stuffing mix and pecans, and toss lightly with a fork. Garnish with parsley.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.