Slow-Cooker Lamb and Fig Stew
- 1- 1/2 lbs trimmed and cubed American lamb boneless leg or shoulder
- 2 cups less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 lb red onions, trimmed and cut into narrow wedges
- 1- 1/2 lbs yams, pared and cubed
- 1 Tbs grated orange peel
- 1 cup dried figs, stemmed and halved
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup minced parsley (optional)
- salt and pepper
- In a 5 or 6-quart slow cooker, combine lamb, broth, wine, onions, yams and orange peel. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until lamb is tender. Stir in figs, flour and wine. Cook 45 minutes longer.
- If desired, add minced parsley and season with salt and pepper before serving.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.