Skewered Seafood Sandwiches
- 2/3 lb tuna steaks*, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3/4 lb large shrimp (26 to 30 count), peeled and deveined
- 2 cup lemon juice
- 3 Tbs water
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Clove garlic, pressed
- 4 Slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 4 Leaves leaf lettuce
- 8 Thin slices tomatoes
- Place tuna and shrimp in a shallow, nonmetallic dish; set aside. Combine lemon juice and next 3 ingredients; pour over seafood and stir gently.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Drain, discarding marinade. Thread 3 shrimp and 2 tuna cubes alternately onto eight 6 inch skewers.
- Coat grill rack with vegetable cooking spray. Place kabobs on grill 4 to 5 inches from medium hot coals. Grill, turning once, just until shrimp is opaque and tuna begins to flake when tested with a fork, allowing about 3 minutes on each side.
- Arrange bread slices on individual serving plates. Spread teaspoons Lemon Caper Mayonnaise on each slice. Top each with a lettuce leaf and 2 tomato slices. Place 2 kabobs on each sandwich and carefully remove skewers. Top with remaining mayonnaise.
Substitution Tip: You can use swordfish, shark, halibut or salmon.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.