Simple, Healthy Asian Stir-Fry with Veggies and Tofu
- 2 16 oz packages of frozen Asian mixed veggies (I like the ones with the greatest variety)
- 4 Tbs low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 7 oz package firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 7 oz package teriyaki baked tofu, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup Thai red curry sauce
- olive oil cooking spray
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 Tbs sesame seeds as a garnish (you can try cashews or almonds)
- Get your brown rice or quinoa cooking first because that takes the longest to cook in this recipe. Cut your tofu into ½-inch cubes and set aside.
- Heat a large pan over medium to medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray, and pour the frozen veggies into the pan. Stir fry 5 to 10 min until the veggies are cooked through, add soy sauce to taste towards the end of the cooking process.
- Spray another pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Saute the tofu cubes until slightly crispy on the outside, add 1 to 2 Tbsp soy sauce towards the end of cooking for flavor. Add the tofu cubes to the veggies, and add ¼ cup Thai red curry sauce (or more to taste).
- Stir fry lightly just until the entire mixture is heated through. Sprinkle sesame seeds or nuts (or nothing at all) on top. Serve with brown rice or quinoa.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.