Shrimp Wrapped with Bacon
- 20 jumbo (U/15) shrimp, (peeled, deveined and butterflied)
- 10 strips bacon
- 3 oz prepared horseradish
- 2 oz Dijon mustard
- 3 oz prepared or homemade mayonnaise
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- Worcestershire sauce to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mustard SauceCombine 1 ounce horseradish, the mustard, mayo, Tabasco, Worcestershire, salt and pepper.
- ShrimpFill each butterflied side with remaining horseradish and wrap with ½ strip of bacon; secure with a toothpick. Heat deep fryer to 350° F and deep-fry shrimp for 6 minutes or until bacon is crispy. (An alternate method to cook shrimp would be to bake at 400° F for 15 minutes or until bacon is crispy). Drain shrimp and pat dry with paper towel to remove excess fat and oils.
- To servePlace mustard sauce in a squeeze bottle and drizzle on 4 plates. Arrange 5 shrimp per plate and serve.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.