- 16 jumbo (U/15) shrimp, (peeled and deveined)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 ounce olive oil
- 2 ounces whole butter cut into small cubes
- 2 ounces dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon chopped Italian parsley
- juice of 1 lemon
- 6 ounces shrimp stock or chicken stock
- 4 ounces dry capellini pasta or angel hair
- 2 roma tomatoes peeled, seeded and diced small
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook 4 ounces of dry pasta in 2 quarts salted boiling water until cooked to your taste, drain and reserve.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and sauté the shrimp in olive oil turning once after 1 minute. Add garlic and sauté 1 more minute.
- Add tomatoes, wine and lemon juice, reduce by half. Add stock and parsley and bring to simmer.
- Slowly stir in whole butter and remove from heat. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Add cooked pasta and toss to coat with sauce.
- To serveTwirl pasta into 4 even portions in a medium pasta bowl or shallow plate. Place shrimp around pasta and spoon remaining sauce over pasta and shrimp.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.