Shrimp Pasta with Cognac Sauce & Smoked Salmon
- 1 lb black tiger shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 oz smoked salmon, diced or salmon caviar
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- Cognac Sauce1 large leek
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Cognac
- Cognac SauceCut leek in half lengthwise; discarding tough green tops. Wash thoroughly. Chop and put in heavy saucepan; add cream. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook at a slow boil until reduced and thickened, about 30 minutes. Add cognac and cook 7 minutes. Remove from heat and pureé in blender or food processor to make a smooth sauce. Adjust seasonings. Keep warm.
- To Cook ShrimpBrush shrimp with olive oil and broil or grill, 3 or 4 inches from heat, until opaque; turning once. Gently toss pasta with cream sauce and diced smoked salmon or caviar. Asparagus tips or chives, optional.
- Mound pasta on warmed serving plates; top with shrimp and garnish with asparagus trips or chives; if desired.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.