Shrimp in a Tequila Garlic Sauce
- 5 each colossal (U/10) shrimp, (peeled and deveined)
- salt, pepper, paprika
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 each jalapeño pepper, seeds and veins removed, diced
- 1/4 each green pepper, seeds and veins removed, diced
- 1/4 ounce parsley, chopped
- 1/2 lime
- 2 ounces tequila
- Dry shrimp and sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika.
- In a shallow casserole or sauté pan, heat olive oil and garlic together. When garlic starts to brown, add peppers and parsley. Stir to coat.
- Add shrimp and sear on one side. Turn shrimp and pour in tequila. Cook for 4 minutes until tequila reduces to dry.
- Remove and sprinkle with a little paprika and squeeze in a little lime.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.