- 1 lb cooked, peeled & deveined shrimp
- 3 lemons, juiced
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup seeded and diced tomatoes
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded, and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 bunch cilantro roughly chopped, plus leaves for garnish
- Defrost and drain shrimp. Transfer to a bowl. Add lime, and lemon juices. Stir in cucumber, red onion and serrano chile. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Stir in tomato, avocado and chopped cilantro. Mix gently, taste and season with salt. Allow to sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes before serving.
- To serve: Spoon ceviche into martini glasses or small bowls. Garnish with sprigs of cilantro and slices of lime. Serve with tortilla chips or fried plantain strips.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.