Shrimp and Rice Patties with Creamy Cilantro Sauce
- 1 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 (16-ounce) container light sour cream
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded
- 1 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 3 cups cooked medium or long grain rice
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- Combine cilantro, sour cream, jalapenos and 1/2 teaspoon salt in food processor and puree until smooth(do not wipe clean). Spoon into bowl; refrigerate. Combine rice, shrimp, green onions, remaining salt and pepper in food processor; pulse until texture is coarse. Shape into 12 patties, about 3 inches in diameter. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 6 patties and cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until lightly golden; remove. Cook remaining patties, using additional oil, if needed. Serve with sauce and lime wedges, if desired.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.