Shrimp & Filet with Peanut Ancho Chile Sauce
- 1 lb shrimp
- 4 5 to 6 oz filet mignon steaks
- 2 Tbs tamari or soy sauce
- Peanut Ancho Chile Sauce2-3 Ancho chile peppers (dried poblano peppers)
- hot water
- 3 Tbs rice vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup beef broth
- 2 tsp ginger, fresh shredded
- 1/2 tsp lime peel, fresh shredded
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 14 oz. can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 2 Tbs peanut butter
- 1 Tbs tamari or soy sauce
- 1 Tbs lime juice
- 1 Tbs cilantro, chopped
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails on. Trim steaks if needed and refrigerate. Combine 2 Tbsp tamari sauce and olive oil. Set aside.
- Peanut Ancho Chile Sauce (yield: 2 cups)Cover dried peppers with hot water and soak until soft, 30 to 60 minutes. Drain and pat dry. Remove stems and seeds; chop and set aside.
- Bring vinegar, beef broth, ginger and lime peel to a boil. Add garlic and chopped chili peppers; cover and simmer for 20 minutes, adding more broth if needed.
- Purée in blender or food processor with 1/2 cup coconut milk; add more milk if needed. Return puréed mixture to saucepan. Add remaining coconut milk, brown sugar, peanut butter and 1 Tbsp tamari sauce. Bring to a boil and simmer 5 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture blends and thickens slightly. Stir in lime juice. Keep warm.
- To Cook Shrimp and FiletsBrush shrimp and filets with tamari and olive oil; let stand for 15 to 20 minutes. Grill or broil filets 3 to 4 inches from heat, 4 or 5 minutes per side, brush with tamari and olive oil while cooking. Serve on warm dinner plate with 2 or 3 Tbsp sauce. Fresh herb garnish, optional.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.