Shoulder Chops with Chipotle Cherry Sauce
- 4 lamb chops (loin, rib, sirloin or shoulder)
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 3 Tbs butter
- 1/2 cup ruby red port
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 Tbs honey
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 Tbs cornstarch
- 1 tsp chipotle peppers in adobo, canned, drained, minced
- Salt, to taste
- In a medium-sized saucepan, over medium heat, cook onion in butter for about 2 minutes. Add port and stir; simmer until liquid is reduced by 1/3. Stir in dried cherries, chicken stock, honey and thyme; simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Thicken sauce by mixing 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water and whisking into simmering mixture. Add chipotle peppers and salt.
- Cook times will vary depending on thickness of chops. For 1-inch chops, broil, grill or pan-fry chops over medium heat for approximately 4 to 6 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Spoon warmed sauce over chops.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.