Seafood and Avocado Pocket Sandwich
- 8 ounce package surimi seafood, finely chopped
- 2 avocados, pitted and sliced
- 4 tablespoons reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- thin tomato slices (optional)
- lettuce leaves (optional)
- pita bread halves
- Combine the first seven ingredients in a bowl; mix well. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- To serve, place a tomato slice and lettuce leaf (optional) in each pita half. Spoon seafood mixture into bread. Serve at once.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.