Savory Veal Stew
- 2- 1/2 lbs veal for stew, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (13-3/4 to 14-1/2 ounces) ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 package (1 pound) baby carrots
- 1 lb small new red-skinned potatoes, halved
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Combine flour, salt and pepper. Lightly coat veal with flour mixture. Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat until hot. Brown veal, 1/2 at a time; remove from Dutch oven.
- Add onion and garlic to Dutch oven; cook and stir 1 minute. Add veal, broth and thyme; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 45 minutes.
- Add carrots and potatoes; continue cooking, covered, 30 minutes or until veal and vegetables are fork-tender. Skim fat. Stir in peas; heat through.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.