Sautéed Pears with Vanilla Yogurt and Honey Peanuts
- 1 Tbs unsalted butter
- 4 large pears, such as Bosc, Concorde, or Anjou, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- pinch of fine salt
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 Tbs honey
- 1 cup low fat vanilla or plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Melt the butter in a large heavy-bottomed sauté pan over medium high heat. Add pears and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened. Sprinkle with sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and lemon juice. Season with a pinch of fine salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, honey, and yogurt; stir until smooth. Set aside.
- To serve, place the pears in a shallow bowl. Top with yogurt mixture. Sprinkle over peanuts. Serve immediately.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.