Sautéed Mushroom Salad
- 2 Tbs chives, fresh, minced
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 cup red pepper, diced
- 1 cup shallot or onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb white button or crimini mushrooms, trimmed and quartered
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 8 cups spring mix (assorted baby salad greens)
- Divide spring mix among 4 serving plates; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add a single layer of mushrooms and cook, without stirring, for about 5 minutes or until mushrooms become red-brown on one side. Turn the mushrooms and stir in shallot or onion, red pepper and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, or until shallot or onions begin to soften.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a separate bowl. Stir in vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper and mix until sugar is dissolved. Spoon mushroom mixture on top of greens and scatter fresh chives on top. Serve immediately.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.