Sauteed Bay Scallops
- 1 1/2 lbs bay scallops
- ground paprika
- 1 Tbs light olive oil
- 1 tsp butter (see note)
- 1 Tbs peeled and minced shallot
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- Rinse the scallops with cold water and pat dry. Sprinkle lightly with the paprika.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for about 1 minute. Add the scallops to the skillet, a few at a time to avoid crowding, and cook for 1 minute per side, or until golden brown on the outside but still translucent in the middle. Transfer the scallops to a heated platter and cover to keep warm.
- Add the shallot and garlic to the skillet and cook for 1 minute. Add the wine and lemon juice and cook for another 2 minutes. Return the scallops to the skillet and toss with the sauce. Serve immediately.
Variation: You can omit the butter and saute the scallops in oil alone, but the butter gives them a nice golden brown color.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.