- 8 oz pork sausage (bulk)
- 1 pastry pie shell
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 10 oz package frozen spinach, chopped
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded (4 ounces)
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup light cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 cherry tomatoes (optional), halved
- watercress sprigs (optional)
- Prepare pastry and set aside.
- Crumble sausage in medium skillet; add onion and garlic. Cook over medium heat till sausage is browned, stirring occasionally; drain well.
- Thaw spinach, drain well. Remove remaining moisture by pressing spinach between layers of paper toweling. Add spinach to sausage mixture; mix well.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly in pastry shell. Top with sausage mixture. In a medium mixing bowl combine eggs, cream and salt; mix well. Pour egg mixture over sausage mixture.
- Bake in a 375° F oven for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted halfway between center and outer edge comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with cherry tomatoes and watercress, if desired.
Serving Suggestion: Serve this with croissants and seasonal fresh fruit.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.