Sausage & Apricot Balsamic Rice
- 1 (12-ounce) package sage-flavored pork sausage
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 6 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup coarsely chopped roasted, salted cashew nuts
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Crumble sausage into a large non-stick skillet. Stirring periodically, cook over medium heat until browned, about 10 to 15 minutes. Drain grease from pan. Add maple syrup and vinegar; stir and cook 2 to 3 minutes to blend. Add rice, apricots, cashews, salt and pepper; stir over medium heat until blended. Serve warm.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.